It’s always nice to be nominated, but it takes me so long to write a post about it – DOH! I may be a mature-age student with little to do, but I have only limited time in which do little. If that makes sense…
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to bloggers who are inspiring and creative (or, in my case, depressing and morbid). Once nominated, a blogger is required to:
- Thank the blogger for nominating them and link back to their blog (Tick!)
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you (Aghhh! More work! See my answers below…)
- Nominate 11 other blogs and give them 11 questions to answer (Because I’m lazy I’ll nominate some, but I may not make the total number. Does this mean I’m disqualified?)
- Notify your nominees (Aghhh! Even more work! Can’t they just read my blog post?)
- List the rules and display the sunshine blogger award logo in your post (Aghhh! Yet more work. Oh, alright, I’ll do that bit. I suppose it’s the least I can do…)
My answers to Mairi’s questions
Do you believe in God or another deity?
I sure do! The Big Guy Upstairs (as I like to refer to Him) and I have been in cahoots for about four years now. Every day is an adventure and every day is a blessing. Even when I’m depressed (which is often).
Don’t believe me? Check out this poem in His honour.
Are you a quick thinker or a deep think?
I’m a bit of both. And a bit of neither. I’m usually in two minds about that sort of think (see what I did there? I’m so funny, I crack myself up).
How long does it take you to write your average sized blog?
Depends on the size of the average-sized blog. A poem usually takes me about 10-15 minutes. About the same amount of time it takes me to deliver my ablutions.
Yep, I write most of my stuff on the loo. Not joking.
Why do you blog?
If I’ve said it once, I’ll say it again: I have no life.
Actually, that’s not the real reason. The real reason was to use it cathartically and to encourage me to write every day, as I’m a lazy writer. It’s worked so far.
How many books do you read a year?
I’d love to say 100, but it’s more like 40-50. I’m slowing down in my old age. Uni and life gets in the way.
What was the last book you read and when?
I’m currently reading a number of books: The Zom-B Chronicles (Darren Shan), On Writing (Stephen King), The Making of a Poem (Mark Strand et al), Reaching Toward the Heights (Richard Wurmbrand), Stories of Your Life and Others (Ted Chiang), The Book of Joy (Dalai Lama/Desmond Tutu), Cultural and Media Studies: A Semiotic Approach (Thwaites et al), Batman Rebirth: Volume 1 (Tom King) and the Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Role Playing Game core rule book.
I’m also reading a few e-books on my iPhone: Slow Horses (Mick Herron), Skykeep (Joseph R. Lallo), and The Language of Bears (John Eidswick).
And, of course, the greatest book of all: The Bible (The Big Guy Upstairs).
I always have a number of books on the go at any one time. It’s exhausting.
What country are you blogging from?
The great and wonderful land of Australia, where the skies are always blue, and the people are too (well, I am, anyway).
What is your current profession?
I am a humble, slovenly, misanthropic, mature-age student with a penchant for writing half-decent poetry. I just published my first e-book of poetry, so I suppose I can call myself an author, now.
Do you have a hobby outside of work and blogging?
I love playing table top role playing games. I love working out (HARD!). I love walking other people’s dogs (HARD!). I love writing and recording music (HARD! I mean, not hard as such, actually more laidback…). I love spending time with my son (although that’s not really a hobby).
I love being miserable. Oops, shouldn’t have said that last one; now people will think I’m depressed, or something.
How many times do you laugh a day?
Not as much as I used to or would like to. But I get a few in here and there.
Were the above questions thought provoking?
They certainly took me long enough to answer. Who made up the rules for this thing, anyway? How about five questions, next time. Or better still, two.
My Questions for Nominees to Answer:
- What’s your favourite aeroplane story? Or airport story? Or failing both of those, your favourite time on a bus. (Oh, come on, you must have travelled on a bus at least once…)
- When you get up in the morning, do you blow your nose? No? Wow, you must get quite a blockage up there. How do you breathe at all? Are you a zombie or something?
- Now that we know you’re a zombie, how do you prefer your brains? Straight from the skull or with some kind of relish?
- If you were in a zombie apocalypse, which best friend would you want to have with you? (Make sure all your friends get a chance to read your answer so they can snub you when they find out it isn’t them).
- Okay, so now we know you have no friends. Are you a basement lurker or do you have your own place? If you have your own place, I know a guy who would make a great room-mate.
- How many more of these questions do I need to make up?
- Are we there yet? If you answer no, you should describe the scenery you are seeing RIGHT NOW outside your window in the form of a 39-line Sestina.
- There once was a man called ‘Backstabber’. He had some problems with his _________ . He bent over once, ended up with a ________ , and finally went back to his _________ . Fill out the spaces in this inspirational limerick. Make sure it’s funny (HAH! There’s a catch to everything).
- If you are a depressing person, are you on meds? What are they and where do you get them? Send some to me so I can test them out. If you’re on non-prescription drugs, send those as well. (REMEMBER, KIDS: Say NO to drugs.)
- I’m running out of ideas for questions. How much more of this to go? Not there yet? Damn!! Make up your own question.
- Ever been nominated for an award before? You have now. Enjoy my nonsensical questions. And write something interesting for this non-question.
My Nominees (Sorry, I’m tired. These wonderful blogs will have to do):
- Nicole Sundays – https://nicolesundays.wordpress.com/
- Mind Fump – https://mindfump.com/
- One Woman’s Quest – https://vjknutson.org/
- Little Fears – https://littlefears.co.uk/
- Mind Matters – https://cultsurv.blog/
- Behind the White Coat – https://doctorly.wordpress.com/
Thanks for making me work so hard, Mairi! Now I really am tired.