Hey, hey, hey! Thanks so much to littlemissbearpaw for nominating me for the Liebster Award! I am honoured, humbled and somewhat stumped, as always, as to why I got nominated. But thanks for liking my stuff, anyway!
The rules for the Liebster Award are:
- Acknowledge the blog that gave it to you and display the award
- Answer the 11 questions that the blogger gives you
- Give 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 11 blogs and notify them of their nomination
- Give these blogs 11 questions to answer.
My answers to littlemissbearpaw’s questions:
- What is your favourite blog post that you have written provide link and why?
My blog posts are my children: it’s too hard to choose which is my favourite. They get envious and squabble amongst themselves when I do.
Maybe I could use this to my advantage. Use their self-loathing, petty jealousies against them, turn them into an army to take over the world. BWAH HA HA!!!!
Oops. Sorry, got a bit distracted, there.
- If you could travel to any time period which one would you go to and why?
I would travel back to yesterday so I could finish the things I was supposed to do then, and thus have today free. Then tomorrow I’d have to go back in time again to today, to finish what I didn’t get done, today. And then I’d have to…
Damn these paradoxical time loops! Like fruit loops, only not as sugary sweet…
- What is your favourite holiday and why?
Being a lay-about, mature age student, almost every day is like a holiday.
Except for all the manic depressive episodes that bring me back to earth…bummer.
- What is your favourite holiday treat?
Occasionally, I like to eat. Nothing in particular, just food. A bit of gruel and some water. Maybe an occasional crumb of bread.
Actually, dark chocolate. Mmmmmmmmm…
- Do you read? What kinds of books? Which is your favourite?
I’m a big reader. Not exceptionally tall, but reasonable size. (Oh, I’m so funny. Not.)
As to books, my fave of the moment is Breath, by Tim Winton. I reviewed it a few weeks back (shameless plug for blog and link!)
- What is something you ‘nerd’ out about?
How much Star Wars has changed and how much I despise the big corporate mouse for making a mockery of my childhood. Damn you, Disney!!!!!!!!!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (in the style of poorly acted Anakin Skywalker’s initial Darth Vader Scene in Revenge of the Sith)
- What is your favourite kind of weather and why?
I like rain, as it matches my mood and provides me with lots of inspiring and morbidly depressing ideas.
And it’s wet. Which provides me with all sorts of sexual innuendos to fuel my sexual innuendos.
- What is your favourite Christmas memory?
When the whole family got together to celebrate Christmas.
Now the family is separated by distance, injustice and the tragedy of years, and it’s just not the same celebrating with friends and strangers. But it’s something, at least.
- What is your go-to comfort food?
My go-to comfort food is…food. But never junk. I’m a health nut who works out four times a week, after all.
Oh, and dark chocolate.
Did I mention that earlier? Maybe I’m reliving my previous day? I must be a Time Traveller!!!! Oh, wait, no I’m not.
- Introvert or Extravert?
Introvert who manages to manically leap into extrovertedness (yeah, I like to make up words) when he’s coming out of a major depressive phase.
I thrive on loneliness and longing. Oh, that’s not introverted, that’s just sad. My bad.
- Do you have special plans or a direction for your blog in 2018?
My plan is to be alive.
Aside from that: more sadness, longing, whimsy, plaintive moaning and bitter regret. And the occasional joke. And maybe a few sexual innuendos.
Sorry, but eleven is too much hard work, so here’s less than eleven blog nominations and less than eleven questions:
- Nicole Sundays – https://nicolesundays.wordpress.com/
- Mind Matters – https://cultsurv.blog/
- Mind Fump – https://mindfump.com/
- One Woman’s Quest – https://vjknutson.org/
- Little Fears – https://littlefears.co.uk/
- Neurodivergent Rebel – https://neurodivergentrebel.com/
- Edmark M Law – https://learnfunfacts.com/
Questions for Noms to answer:
- How far can you throw a ball? What do you mean, ‘what size ball?’ Just a ball. This isn’t a freaking physics dissertation.
- If you could throw a ball at anyone, who would it be? Why? I don’t know, maybe you don’t like them. Or maybe you think like a child and it’s the only way to get the attention of that girl/guy you like.
- If balls ruled the world, what kind of world would it be? Ball-like, I assume. But I’m not answering the questions, you are.
- What’s the biggest ball you’ve ever handled (is that a sexual innuendo? Possibly). Was it heavy? Soft? Hard? Round? (Okay, this question has just gone totally sexual innuendo. You can choose to skip this if you’re offended,)
- If you were to invent something, using only balls as your main component, what would it be (Trick question? Or not?).
- Why does this person have balls on the brain? Lack of insight? Run out of ideas? You tell me.
Thanks again, littlemissbearpaw!
PS My spelling is English, not American, which is why there’s an occasional odd ‘U’. That’s life. Just when it’s going well, the odd f’U’ appears when you least expect it.