Actually, I am a bit humble. But only a little bit. Carly at message in stanza has nominated me for the Real Neat Blog Award. Thank you, Carly, you are very kind and obviously very wise (I said I’m a bit humble).
- Put the award logo on your blog
- Thank the people who nominated you, linking to their blogs
- Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you
- Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs
- Notify your nominees
- Ask your nominees 7 questions
Here are my answers to Carly’s questions:
If you could learn any type of dance, what would it be?
The merengue, because it sounds like meringue, and I like a dance that you can eat.
Do you like board games? Or are they bored games? If you like them, what’s your favourite one and why?
I love board games. I love table top roleplaying games more, though (my favourites are listed here). Currently, my favourite board game is Firefly, an adaptation of the fantastic TV show of the same name. Don’t know it? Click here for more).
If you could be in a different job, what would it be?
Something where I actually earn money for my work. I do a lot of work currently for nada. Zip. Zilch. Just for love. Awwwww…(the sound of a tiny violin)
What is your biggest phobia out of these options: heights, spiders, dark, or being late somewhere?
My biggest phobia is being discovered as a fraud – DOH! Didn’t mean to tell you that.
Mountains or beach and why?
Why, because it rhymes with sky, and I’m in a cloud watching mood.
If you die tomorrow, what would you like your last words to be?
“Rosebud”. Already taken? Okay, probably “Aggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!”
What would you like your last meal to be including beverage?
I assume this is the last meal I have before I die tomorrow. Hopefully something that I can pass tomorrow morning so that when I die my bowel is empty (yep, kids, that’s right. When you die the muscles in your rectum no longer work to hold in your poopies. Know what that means?)
Have you done karaoke before? What song did you karaoke to? What did your friends think of your performance?
Sure have. Won a karaoke competition singing a rendition of Billy Joel’s New York State of Mind, one of my all time favourite songs. I won a jug of beer. My friends, already pissed, were suitably impressed. But they would have been even if they weren’t drunk, because my Billy Joel impression is awesome.
Coffee or tea and why?
Both. ‘Cause that’s the kind of guy I am – indecisive.
What inspires your writing the most?
My crappy life. And sometimes my not so crappy life. No, basically my crappy life.
And here are my questions for nominees:
- If you could torture a person with one terrible song, who would you torture and what would the song be? Better yet, how exactly would you torture them using the song? Are you really that nasty a person that you would torture a person?
- You’re a writer. I could ask you how you got started, but it would probably be as dreary as my own story. So tell me what your best ever story is. So I can steal it.
- Digital or analogue? Come on, don’t tell me you don’t know what I’m talking about? Oh, all right, ‘analog’, for you Americans.
- Time flies when you’re having fun. Rewrite that cliché using ten words and the truth. Or a lie, if you have to.
- You meet your favourite cartoon character. Who (what?) is it, and what does it do to you when it meets you? If it isn’t funny, give up now.
- Time or National Geographic? If you’re too young to understand what I just said, give up now.
- You have the power of magic. What type of magic is it and why? If you answer all technical and stuff we’ll know you’re a total nerd. If you don’t answer with all the technical specifics we’ll all know you are officially boring.
Blogs I’m nominating:
Behind the White Coat – https://doctorly.wordpress.com/
The Showers of Blessing – https://theshowersofblessing.wordpress.com/
Kismet – https://chungwipff.com/
Dorky Mom Doodles – https://dorkymomdoodles.com/
SerotoninVoid – https://serotoninvoid.wordpress.com/
Thanks again, Carly! Very much appreciated.